• 2017 Grammy win for Best Contemporary Instrumental Album for the album Culcha Vulcha, as members of Snarky Puppy
• 2016 Grammy win for Best Contemporary Instrumental Album for the album Sylva, as members of Snarky Puppy
• Debuted at #1 on iTunes Jazz Chart with "Swagism" (April 2018) - click here for one-sheet
• #1 on iTunes Jazz Chart with "Fortified" (October 2015)
• 2014 Grammy Award Winners for Best R&B Performance (Snarky Puppy with Lalah Hathaway)
• Currently have over 17,000 followers on Facebook and over 24,000 followers on Instagram.
Robert Sput Searight - Drums
Nate Werth - Percussion
Sylvester Onyejiaka and Jonathan Mones - Sax
Xavier Taplin - Keys
AJ Brown and MonoNeon - Guitar and Bass
Multi-Grammy Award winning artists Robert Sput Searight and Nate Werth take percussion out of the shadows and into the spotlight with their new project, Ghost-Note. World renown for their ongoing catalog with international sensation Snarky Puppy, this dynamic duo expands their rhythmical voice into a celebration of music in all its forms. This is music that takes listeners on a mind-blowing journey, inspired by the influences of James Brown, Prince, and J Dilla to name a few.
Since forming, Ghost-Note’s sound has evolved to a state that can best be described as ‘conscious funk’ – an elaborate and sonically powerful surge of the tremendous talents that each of the players provides, with the bandleaders leaning back and letting the band go. The core lineup is a rotating cast of heavy hitters - all stretching to meet the expanding nature of the band. The explosive rhythm fueled band, deeply rooted in neck breaking funk, is comprised of the industry’s best and quickly becoming one of the most anticipated live shows of today.
Band members include A.J. Brown (Fred Hammond) on bass, internet star Dywane “MonoNeon” Thomas (Prince) on bass & guitar, Sylvester Onyejiaka (Prince, Quantic) baritone sax, tenor sax, & flute, Xavier Taplin (Prince) on keyboards, Jonathan Mones (Funky Knuckles, RC and the Gritz) on alto sax & flute, Mike Jelani Brooks (Kirk Franklin, RC & the Gritz) on tenor saxophone & flute, Justin Stanton (Snarky Puppy) on keyboards, Vaughn “V-keys” Henry on keyboards, Daniel Jones (Jay-Z, Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake) on keyboards, Nick Werth (Galaxe, Yak Attack) on xylosynth, and Alvin Ford Jr. (Pretty Lights, Dumpstaphunk) on drums.